This test, the GI Effects® Gut Pathogen Profile, will give you answers regarding parasite infections as well as other gut pathogens – please see more details below.
The Gut Pathogen Profile Biomarkers
- Bacterial and mycology cultures demonstrate the presence of specific beneficial and pathogenic organisms.
- Bacterial and mycology sensitivities are provided for pathogenic or potentially pathogenic cultured organisms. The report includes effective prescriptive and natural agents.
- KOH Preparation for yeast detects fungal elements microscopically.
- Parasitology includes comprehensive testing for all parasites on every parasitology exam ordered.
- Microscopic fecal specimen examination for ova and parasites (O&P), the traditional gold standard assessment for many parasites.
- 6 Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) targets detect common protozoan parasites including Blastocystis spp., Cryptosporidium spp., Cyclospora cayetanensis, Dientamoeba fragilis, Entamoeba histolytica, and Giardia. PCR for organisms is emerging as a highly sensitive method for infectious organism detection. This is one of the very few tests in the market that actually will give you the details on what subtypes of Blastocystis you have.
- Macroscopic exam for worms
- EIA add-on biomarkers are available for targeted patient populations. Please call or email us for these added options.
- Clostridium difficile
- Shiga toxin Escherichia coli
- Helicobacter pylori
Please this link for more details on the test.